Thursday, November 4, 2010

the princess and the t


Can the princess rest upon a stack of fabric from Sharon?

Once upon a time in blogland, there was a Popcorn Princess and a Tinkerer, and even though the friends lived on opposite coasts of the country and had never met in person, the two felt very much like neighbors.

As you may have experienced yourself, there are many blogging connections that transform into real friendships. Sharon, the popcorn-loving mompreneur from My Life at Pansy Cottage & Garden, and I often remark that we feel like neighbors. We've shared long phone calls, each have young boys, reward ourselves with popcorn ... So when Sharon told me she was clearing out some of her fabric stash and asked if I would want any, I said sure -- it seemed like saying yes to a cup of sugar.



However, when the FedEx truck delivered a heavy box to my doorstep, I knew this was more than a cup of sugar (and more like the 10 lb. bag)!



Sharon packed the box with stacks of fabric and goodies (like clothespins !) and even included a gift card to Panera (for my birthday). Someday at some art event I know that Sharon and I will be laughing over coffee and muffins (and popcorn) and I'll be sure to treat and to give her a giant hug for what you'll see next:



How dreamy is this pillow!? This has got to be one of the most thoughtful presents I have ever received in my life.


Roses & Birds Collection

Sharon is the proprietress of Pansy Cottage & Garden by Sharon Hughes where she offers nearly two dozen collections of pillows, aprons and more, featuring cottage and French motifs (featured in May's Romantic Homes). Sharon not only sells online but participates in many shows and events, such as the Tell Me 'Bout the Good Ole Days Boutique this November 5th and 6th in Redlands, CA.

If you haven't visited Sharon's sweet and funny blog, it details her many adventures, whether that means prepping for Glitterfest or de-skunkifying her dog. Hope you'll pop over to visit Sharon at her blog. You can tell her "Tinker" sent you!

xo
elyse

ps
Lately it's been difficult for me to find the time to blog and I miss visiting everyone. If you have a moment, please take my poll about when you find time to blog. Thanks!

26 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a lovely and inspiring treat to receive in the mail. Finding time to blog is tough - but I try not to let it become a "must do." It's something I do for me.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Arn't blogger friends the best!
Such wonderful treasures and sweet friendship.
Loved the New York day also!
Martha and your outfit!...Such fun.
I'm sure she's lovin your little treasures you gave her.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

These are gorgeous treasures!
Have a happy Thursday, Elyse xx

Shellie said...

I'll be right over!

;)

Claudia said...

That Sharon is so lovely! I love, love your pillow - perfect. Is it going in the girly office?

xo
Claudia

Melinda said...

Wow lucky for you--what fun you must of had going through the box!!
Woo Hoo!!

Melinda

Little Pink Studio said...

What lovely and thoughtful gifts!
Cerri xo

Jessica Rodarte said...

Wow!! What a great gift! Unexpected ones are the best, too.

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

You are killing me! Thank you for the sweetest words ever. Your the best blogland friend a girl could ask for. Hugs to you Tinker!

Hugs
Popcorn

stefanie said...

oh, its perfect!!!!

NanaDiana said...

Oh Elyse! You are the perfect reciever because YOU are the perfect GIVER! I am so glad that you have found a friend that is so wonderful! What a great gift to get. I, for one, can't wait to see some of the wondeful projects you will come up with- Hugs- Diana

Jill said...

Soooo fun! I love that pillow! It's so pretty, and so thoughtful. Bloggie friends are so wonderful!
Hugs,
Jill

debi said...

What a wonderful gift! That pillow is just so beautiful, and perfect for your girly office! Sweet!

koralee said...

How sweet...oh I do love my blogging pals...all of you!

hugs for a great Friday. xoxoxo

Diane Mars said...

Now that was some surprise package, you must have fainted with delight! oxox, Diane

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Time to blog becomes harder and harder! What a fabulous friend to send such an unexpected gift!

Theresa said...

What a wonderful gift! I LOVE the pillow and what a thoughtful gift! MADE especially for YOU!

Have a blessed day! HUGS!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

How exciting! It is such a great moment when the Big Brown UPS Truck pulls up, but to have him/her deliver such an amazing big box full of love? Too Much!!!
ENJOY!!!
Joyce

P.S.I must confess to a horrible case of Fabric Envy. I am completely Green...

Jen Kershner said...

Totally green with envy. What a thoughtful lady! I look forward to seeing what happens to that happy stack.

Sandi said...

What a sweet lady to bless you like that Elyse!! I haven't been to her blog in awhile and I must visit! Have fun with your fabric and that pillow! It is gorgeous!!!!!
Blessings~

LaurieStar said...

I too, have been finding very little time to blog these days. So it makes me happy to see your pretty pictures of beautiful things! You must have made a good friend, indeed, to get a gift like that wonderful pillow. I love it! It's because you, yourself are a good friend to all of us! :)

Sonia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Elyse,
I love the pillow she sent you and all the fabrics... Seems like Christmas came early this year =)
Hugs!!
Sonia

cottonfieldfarm said...

My, what a sweet friend to send such lovely things! You both are blessed! Love the little "princess" on the fabric stash! Will visit again!
God bless.

Hearts Turned said...

What a lovely friend, Elyse! LOVE that pillow--how wonderful is that?!

Hope your weekend is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Sharon is so generous! She sent me a lovely box of goodies that I cherish! I love all of the wonderful gifts that she blessed you with. Her pillows are gorgeous!

xoxo
Becky

lilybets said...

..one friend of mine who i call with love Lillina lives in a region far from me,we are separated by the sea!.But by three years we share day by day personal problem,happiness and curiosity by mail...so,in october i went Valencia wth my boyfriend and sh came with his boyfriend.It was like to meet someone you know by forever!.I consider her a very best friend!.I'm running to say hello to your friend,bye...her gift are fantastic!!!.