Tuesday, January 3, 2012

first post of the new year



Reading many 'Best of 2011' posts and articles has prompted me to revisit my own year in review. How about you?

Last year ...


I began to write full articles for publication. My first assignment was Marie's aqua dream of a cottage for Romantic Country magazine
{post}



followed by writing about and even photographing my own home for Cottages & Bungalows.
{post}
Note: The very-top image was taken for the upcoming February issue due any day now!



I became a Contributing Writer for Romantic Homes
{post}



and finally made it into Artful Blogging!
{post}



I didn't get a ton of home projects done but I did manage to paint the armoire white with aqua stripes,
{post}



try some ideas,
{post}



take some photos,



and tinker!


image source: koralee of bluebird notes

2012 finds me
happily writing, making project lists (and trying not to overwhelm myself), swooning over ladders, and continuing to be a fickle pickle when it comes to decor -- still vacillating between cheerful/vintage style


image source: tracey of french larkspur

and the wonderfully subdued and simple French/Nordic.



January also finds me window shopping quite literally for another to hang indoors (the one pictured was just $15 at an antique store backed with a $10 sample of wallpaper).



and thinking of (re)covering the dining room table again!
{post}



For me 2011 also saw a quick rise in the popularity and use of Facebook. I know I can be found at my Tinkered Treasures page whenever I have a snippet of time. However when time allows, there's nothing like sitting with a hot cuppa and visiting inspiring blog friends.



Think I'll brew a cup of tea and grab a cookie or two and fit in as many blog visits as I can right now!

Wishing everyone a 2012 filled with good health, love, happiness and oodles of inspiration and creativity!

xo
elyse

18 comments:

sweet harvest moon said...

Happy New Year! :)

birdie blue said...

you've been a busy, busy girl. thank you for all of the awe-inspiring and informative posts in 2011. i can't wait to see what 2012 holds for you... i'm thinking maybe, a book contract?

xo
molly

Claudia said...

You're right. I like facebook but it will never replace blogging. Happy New Year.

xo
Claudia

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Happy New Year Tinker! All of your posts are dreamy, thoughtful and gorgeous! Keep 'em coming!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You certainly made many of your dreams come true in 2011. Here's to a healthy, happy, peaceful new year. Blessings, Tammy

SLR said...

this has been an eye-candy filled re-cap! you are my favorite ever blogger and so inspiring! i hear ya about the flip-flop between cheerful vintage and farmhouse nordic style, i am exactly the same way...surprised, bobsie twins? i think not. ;)
is the top pic of the bedroom your bedroom/master bedroom or a guest room? my husband has banned flowers from our room since they are everywhere else...not that he's really gonna win that battle anyway ;)
it's a lovely bedroom you've got there!

LissyLou said...

Mmmmm all this collected together makes one gorgeous post x

Jen Kershner said...

Happy New Year Elyse. I hope 2012 will be as satisfying for you as 2011 was.

Anonymous said...

Happiest of New Years, little Elyse!

It has been a prolific year for you, and I am so proud of everything and all that you do.

Let's make a resolution to see each once a season!

Love, your Baba (who gets it!)

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, too. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

Lisa said...

You had a great year! Hope this year is just as good if not better!!
Hugs, Lisa

Theresa said...

Happy New Year to you dear Elyse! Love all of your pretties! Congrats on all of the publications:) More to come, I am sure! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Katy Noelle said...

and I'll just add that on top of everything you've been a sweet blogging friend bringing loads of smiles....=] My! You HAVE been busy (teehee!;))

xxo

trish said...

I want to live in all of your pictures! :o) So much beauty. Happy New Year.

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Elyse!!! You had an AMAZING 2011!!!! What a wonderful list of accomplishments and goodness ~ I know this new year will be even more amazing ~ I wish you nothing but the best sweet girl!!! hugs and love, Dawn

Lucille said...

Hi Elyse. I came over from Claudia's blog but I know you from articles I've read that you've written. I especially enjoyed your article on the aqua cottage. It was so well written and that little cottage is so gorgeous!

debi said...

Well, you had a beautifully creative year, and I'm sure this year we will see you doing even bigger and better things. Can't wait to see what's next for you!

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

big hug! her is to another awesome year!